Length: 5 days
Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
S7 Automation Maintenance 1 & S7 Automation Maintenance 2
S7 Programming 1
This course is for SIMATIC S7-300/400 PLC users with basic engineering experience in the design and sustaining of SIMATIC automation systems and their application programs.
This course is the second in a three part series which
increases skills with Siemens STEP7 Totally Integrated
Automation. Students will learn to leverage the power of
Simatic software with advanced structured programming
techniques. A systems approach to the integration of
efficiently programming the S7300/400 PLCs, plus
connectivity and functionality of an HMI and Micro Master
Drive are the central focus of this course. Emphasis on
Statement List (STL) programming for both direct and
indirect addressing is an integral part of the course.
The core issues of efficient use of CPU resources,
establishing communications, passing information, and
managing integrated diagnostics are included. Skills in
error management and extended diagnostics are
reinforced throughout this agenda. This course includes
classroom instruction, demonstration and considerable
hands-on lab work.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Leverage the power of Block and Function libraries.
- Use STL for advanced program development.
- Employ indirect addressing in a program.
- Incorporate System Functions (SFC) in a program.
- Integrate an HMI and Drive system with the PLC.
- Use Instance and Multi-Instance data Blocks.
- Use interrupt-driven and error processing program execution blocks.
- Leverage STEP7 advanced diagnostics.
||S7 Programming 2
||Data Blocks and complex variables
||HMI event and alarm messages
||Introduction to Micro Master 4 Drives
||Parameter Passing with FC, FB, SFB, SFC
||Troubleshooting the automation system