Length: 4 days
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Would you like this class at your facility? Just ask.
This course is the first in a 2 part series which builds basic programming skills with Siemens STEP7 software.
Using the power of TIA Portal to integrate PLC, HMI and VFD control, students will learn structure programming and implement functions and function blocks. This is a hands on course that will use a VFD and Motor to implement the labs. Software diagnostics tools will also be taught that will be used to debug both hardware and PLC programming.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Implement a design using Functions/Function Blocks/Data Blocks
- Troubleshoot a structured STEP7 program
- Use symbolic addressing
- Implement HMI in design
- Motor control using VFD
- Communicate between PLCs
- Data logging at HMI
||Implement a design using Functions/Function Blocks/Data Blocks
||Troubleshoot a structured STEP7 program
||Use symbolic addressing
||Implement HMI in design
||Motor control using VFD
||HMI basic animations
Discounted Starter Kits
S7-1500 Starter Kit - $999 (List: $2,010)
- SIMATIC S7-1500 CPU 1511C-1 PN
- SIMATIC Memory Card, 4 MB
- Mounting rail 160 mm
- Power supply PM1507, 24V/3A, 120/230 V AC
- License 1) for STEP7 Professional V15 (365 day Full version)
- License 2) for SIMATIC ProDiag S7-1500 for 250 supervisions
- License 3) SIMATIC OPC UA S7-1500 Small
- Standard Ethernet CAT 5 cable
Earn 32 CEU credits!
Earn 32 CEU credits! EandM is an Approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Department of Public Health and the California Water Environment Association.
CDPH Certification Instructions | CWEA Certification Instructions