Length: 4 days
Hours: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
The TIA Portal Software Development, Part I training class is first in a two part series.
This 4-day, instructor-led training course builds basic programming skills with Siemens STEP7 software.
Using the power of Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal) to integrate PLC, HMI and Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) control, students will learn structure programming and implement functions and function blocks. This is a hands-on course that will use a VFD and Motor to implement the labs. Software diagnostics tools will also be taught that will be used to debug both hardware and PLC programming.
All equipment is provided.
Would you like this class taught at your facility? Just ask.
No prior experience with the TIA Portal Software is necessary.
Upon completion of this course, each student shall be able to:
- Implement a design using functions, function blocks and data blocks
- Troubleshoot a structured STEP7 program
- Use symbolic addressing
- Implement HMI and basic animations
- Motor control using VFD
||Implement a design using functions, function blocks and data blocks
||Troubleshoot a structured STEP7 program
||Use symbolic addressing
||Implement HMI in design
||Motor control using VFD
||HMI basic animations
Discounted Starter Kits
S7-1500 Starter Kit - $1,105 (List: $2,110)
- SIMATIC S7-1500 CPU 1511C-1 PN
- SIMATIC Memory Card, 4 MB
- Mounting rail 160 mm
- Power supply PM1507, 24V/3A, 120/230 V AC
- License 1) for STEP7 Professional V15 (365 day Full version)
- License 2) for SIMATIC ProDiag S7-1500 for 250 supervisions
- License 3) SIMATIC OPC UA S7-1500 Small
- Standard Ethernet CAT 5 cable
Earn 32 CEU credits in California!
Earn 32 CEU credits! EandM is an Approved Continuing Education Provider for the California Department of Public Health and the California Water Environment Association.
CDPH Certification Instructions | CWEA Certification Instructions